Efficiency

Christophe, who runs Rotorelief, and I have hilariously broken conversations on the phone- he in France, me in NY. However we always seem to be on the same page when it comes to our graphic sensibilities. When he decided to reissue the complete works of Vivenza, the singly-named noise artist whose works came to prominence in the eighties, he used one word to describe what he wanted out of the record sleeves: "efficiency." I'm not completely sure I understand what he means by this word, if he is mistranslating, or simply wants the sleeves to use the fewest possible elements- but in any case, these (below) are the upshot. (N.B. for those of you who have contacted me wanting to buy the posted records- they take a while to ship overseas, and as Christophe is a small business owner, it behooves him to ship in bulk. The records that will be available for public purchase at the end of the month are ETHER, P.231 & Lt. Caramel, P.231 & Vox Populi, the first of the Vivenzas and the M.B. record. The others will be rolling in over the summer. So contact Christophe if you want'em- or contact me and I'll see what I can do! They are limited editions so hurry)












.............................................................